Year 1 Class Page
I hope you have had a lovely summer holidays. I am really looking forward to the year ahead!
It is now time to begin our Autumn 1 learning......
and this half term's topic is called Strange Creatures.
The children will be using two texts as stimulus for all their learning this half term. The children will be looking closely at the school grounds and the local surrounding area.
A detailed overview of the half term has been sent home and can be accessed below giving you more information of each subject area.
Save the date:
- Tuesday 3rd September - Term starts
- Tuesday 3rd September - Aspirations week
- Monday 9th September - Meet the teacher meeting
- Wednesday 18th September - Bog Baby afternoon
- Wednesday 23rd October - art afternoon with parents TBC
- Friday 25th October - End of term
- Monday 4th November - term begins
- Friday 8th November - cinema trip
- Thursday 14th November - individual and sibling photographs
- Friday 15th November - Children in need
- Wednesday 20th November - Parent's evening
- Friday 6th December - Christmas fair
- Wednesday 11th December - Christmas dinner
- Friday 13th December - Christmas jumper day
- Monday 16th December - KS1 Christmas production
- Tuesday 17th December - KS1 Christmas production
- Friday 20th December - 2pm closure end of term
Mrs N Billington
Miss A Reid