Miss G Dalby
Teacher/KS1 & English Lead
Miss A Lamb
Miss A Jacques
Year 2 hurry back to school, we have a ship to board! Are you ready to sail through another exciting term of learning?
This term, our topic is called 'All Aboard.'
During the term, we will be:
- Learning about the famous Titanic ship and the events that led up to it's sinking,
- Research famous people that boarded the Titanic ship,
- Use a variety of materials in sea inspired colours to create under the sea placemats using weaving techniques,
- Explore the circular story named 'A River' based on a sail boats journey,
- Write our own ocean inspired stories,
- Learn about a range of coastal and underwater creatures,
- Explore a variety of coastal and underwater habitats,
- Enjoy a range of stories set on around the sea,
So grab your jumpers, book bags and reading books and we will see you bright eyed and bushy tailed on 15th April as our learning adventure continues.
Please ensure your child has a book bag in school EVERYDAY with their reading record, reading book and spellings.
Please listen to your child every night and sign their reading record.
Ensure your child practises their spellings every evening.
Home learning will be sent home every Thursday and should be returned to school by the following Tuesday.
All of these things really support your child and have a really positive impact on the progress they can make.