A Quality Parental engagement lesson at Eastway
Example of a ‘Family Works’ session
- 9.00am Welcome parents to the session offering refreshments in the kitchen area.
- Use room with smart board to deliver the Family Works session.
- Ask parents to reflect on the previous week’s session. Does anyone have any questions? Does anyone have anything to share e.g. did anyone complete and find the home task useful?
- Talk briefly about today’s session and how it will help their children
- Refer to ‘Family Works slides matching the session. The session will consist of information, practical activities and questions.
- Parents are given ideas to try out during the week.
- 10.15 am break for refreshments.
- 10.30am children join their parents for a practical session linked to what we have discussed in the parent session.
- Tidy up for lunch.
The Family Works sessions are as follows and run for 10 weeks
- Getting to know you
- Feeling good about myself
- Wanting to do well
- Working together and Co-operation
- Understanding and managing feelings
- Thinking of others
- Being friendly
10.Review, party and evaluation